AVR 1.73% $17.05 anteris technologies ltd

Superannuation investing for 20-50 year olds shouldn't be just...

1. 1,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Superannuation investing for 20-50 year olds shouldn't be just about dividends. It should be about growth. Grandma uses super as an annuity. However if a super fund (or any fund or investor for that matter) takes the risk on a growth story, that risk shouldn't be undermined by allowing companies to reduce your % shareholding, by farming out more shares and giving other people the opportunity at a lower price who have never taken that risk in the first place. Instead exisiting shareholders should be given exclusive first rights to provide the additional capital. Otherwise why take the initial risk by owning the stock originally? If exisiting holders can't provide enough capital, then sure: allow other means, but at least offer them first right of refusal. That's the "risk protection" that should be enforced in ASX CR rules to encourage Superanuation funds to provide "venture style capital" to small start ups, small caps and high growth stocks like this, when they are starved of cash - at an earlier stage, instead of simply fostering the same old same old, of super funds only investing in companies when they become profitable. That's what I am on about. In essence the government needs to step in and change the ASX CR rules. If people don't understand this, not my problem. Go Admedus. NA Cheers. But people said they are sick of me. So I need to respect their wishes. Signing off. JF (Johnny Farnham).
    Last edited by jaygatsby: 24/04/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.05
Change
-0.300(1.73%)
Mkt cap ! $327.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.00 $17.44 $16.95 $184.6K 10.84K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 191 $17.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.50 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.