AED 0.00% 14.5¢ aed oil limited

take a look at this , page-11

1. Centro, I think you will find this is a completely different senario then a chinese company buying a substancial stake in Woodside. For one AED put up the "for sale" sign on the asset and as the highest bidder Sinopec formed a JV with AED on the asset.

I also don't think it will take 6 months for an outcome (see below)... this is straight from the FIRB website FAQ's.

Q4. How long do applications normally take?

A. We have a requirement to make a decision within 30 days of receiving a statutory notice with another 10 days in which to advise the parties of the decision. That time period may be extended by a further 90 days if necessary.

I think the other complicating matter is that Sinopec is a high proportion state owned company and as such the deal would have been subject to FIRB approval regardless of the size of the "deal".(see below, again from FIRB website)

Direct Investments by Foreign Governments.

All direct investments by foreign governments or their agencies irrespective of size are required to be notified for prior approval under the Government's foreign investment policy. This applies whether the investment is made directly or through a company that is owned 15 per cent or more by a foreign Government. Applications must be submitted for:

the establishment of any new business activity, regardless of value of investment;
    acquisitions of real estate of any value;
    acquisitions of interests in companies or business assets of any amount or value.

Decisions are subject to the national interest test and the general requirements of policy.

However I still believe the AED deal will be approved by FIRB for the reasons stated above.

(This is just my very limited view and happy to hear everyones comments)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AED (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.