Hello @pintohoo - thankyou for going to all that trouble - I did...

1. 17,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    Hello @pintohoo - thankyou for going to all that trouble - I did panic - big-time - have only got a small back-up for important documents, but have recently done a bit of writing . . . . and reorganised all my photos - and that wasn't backed up.
    I did find out one can 'undo' an update by Microsoft, (apparently update is in preparation for Windows11, which I don't want, need to find a way to stop all communication with THEM) by doing similar what you suggest: i.e. going to the Windows icon and clicking on the Settings (gear icon) etc and one can find the most recent update, which was dated 18th May, but the sneeks waited when I hadn't turned on my computer at all - yesterday - to do their 'update'. I understand now why people prefer Apple.

So I did, what you suggest, after some heart-stopping moments, a bit of swearing etc.
    but all is back to normal - except 'Edge' has been trying to come in between me and my favourite browser lately - I'll see what I can do about disconnecting that.

All is well and I will be doing a complete back-up of my system - as soon as I have logged off here.
    thankyou again
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.