@big e and @Margaret63 - thanks for your kind words - I have...

1. 17,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @big e and @Margaret63 - thanks for your kind words - I have been to my local computer guys before with my aging computers and they always helped and it wasn't that expensive, but I found out - after the initial panic - realising that it was probably an update by Microsoft etc. then a bit of on-line look and there it was, lots of disaffected users have left messages, some with choice words, about Microsoft - going back to 2013 - I have never had a problem with them, only lately. They are trying to push Windows11 on everyone - I have barely learnt Windows10 -
    thinking about changing over to Apple with my next computer.

Re hospitals: I had a strange experience yesterday - never made it to my appointment at the almost industrial-sized Murdoch medical complex with higgledy-piggledy parking all over the place - I felt i was lost in an 'Escher' drawing - decided to park my car in a park house there "P2" and then look for the heart center. Little realising that each hospital has its own speciality department, they all double up on each other.
    I never found it, tried calling them, no answer, then found the doctor's number, also no answer - so messaged them swearing etc. that I couldn't find them etc. - got message back I can see them on Monday closer to where I live (and it's in a simple and small shopping center)

Meantime I was wandering around, asking various people - no idea - most people sitting and staring at their phones - unbelievable - eventually finished up queuing in the wrong hospital, ringing a bell, no-one answered -
    My daughter (whose husband has Covid atm) had to come to my rescue, because I couldn't find my way back to my car.
    I was supposed to go and pick up some goods from her local butcher on the way back and drop them off - it was too late by then - so this morning I set off for the long trek - again - got the goods - and we sat outside her home and had a bit of morning tea.

then I get home and find I have a computer in which all my files have vanished . . .
    all good now - thanks also to @pintohoo!!!

AND @big e - 3 weeks ago I dropped a heavy bin full of garden refuse onto my left foot - it hurt at first - black spot on toe nail - then the top of the foot began to hurt - yesterday I walked 2 full hours in the hospital grounds - and today my left foot is swollen - will probably need treatment for that - I think the nerves etc. in the upper layer above the bones are hurt. Now I know why labourers etc. wear heavy boots . . . never too late to learn something new.

....but happy and relieved and the important document is backed up!!!
    but will do a full systems backup once I have done a clean-up.
    Thanks again
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.