Take a Paws, page-272

1. 4,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    Hello all.

I hope you are having a great day. Market is pretty good today in many respects.

Received a phone call about 30 minutes ago.
    I have an interview for the position I really want, located in Southern Victoria.
    The Interview is via Microsoft Teams on the 29th at 2.00 pm

I was informed they had over 200  applicants but only 5 were short listed for interview.
    Without being proud, it is a wonderful boost to my confidence as I continue to apply for jobs.

The most excellent aspect of this job is that today I found the exact same job in northern Victoria!!
    I will be able to use the first Interview to gauge the questions and context for the second job... Now that is rare indeed!

'''''''''''''

How are you today @Margaret63
    You have had a fair amount of rain!

Now that you have your item from America via China, I would like to comment to you somethings not know by many people.

Like it or hate it, China is the factory of the world.

I have been to China 6 times all for business over 7 years.
    Whilst I am no expert, the following are things which I have seen and experienced and also conveyed to me by numerous Chinese colleagues and business contacts.

Regardless of the designer, prestige of the item, brand name, etc, most of the big names have their products manufactured in China simply due to the cost of labour (Still to this day)

Cars: Audi, Skoda, Mercedes, Porche and many other famous car brands are fully assembled in China.
    Tools: Bosch (German), Makita, Ryobi (Japanese)
    Furniture: Foshan is the furniture capital of the world, every brand you can imagine.
    Phones: Iphone, Samsung, Huawei, etc (Shenzhen is the phone capital of the world)
    Watches: Rolex, Omega Jaeger, etc ( I have a lovely Rolex watch)
    Car tires, Sterio's, etc, etc
    The list is massive.

There are vast provinces where the entire province will be dedication to mainly manufacturing one range of goods.
    The clothing markets in Guangzhou are phenomenal as are the handbags and shoes of every famous brand you can imagine!.

I have been (Taken by force lol) to places where an entire district is dedicated to blinkin handbags lolol (You would be gob smacked)
    Gucci, Prada, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, etc, etc
    I have purchased more handbags, clutch purses and wallets as gifts more than any man I know lol.
    The reason I was able to buy so many top class brands is that for every genuine manufacture of an elite product in China, there are a 500 factories making copies.

For nearly all items there are generally three levels of copy.
    1. Absolute rubbish
    2. Good but only about 80% like genuine
    3. As good as genuine in every respect (come from the same factory) but 1/10th the price of true original.
    My Rolex is a $15,000 watch that is top level copy and I paid $60 lolol.

The thing in your favour is that you purchased from a name brand in America and not directly from China.
    The Quality Assurance is drastically different and you have a extremely high probability that you have the genuine brand product, only manufactured for that brand in China.

The majority of people never consider the true origin of goods (Chain of Custody)

I hope that helps.

Regards

Ken
    Last edited by kengaroo: 21/05/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.