Take a Paws, page-27980

1. 18,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    @big e - I had a bit of a 'bird' week, this week - just now I watched - along with Lillycat - a green cockatoo stomping about my back garden, stiff-backed and haughty - lots of weeds and seeds there now - all cleared of gum nuts (by me, 2 bins full!), have to check to see if lawnmower man is still around (he was supposed to cut my 'lawn' this week, but didn't) -
    . . . . and the ever-present trilling bird has stopped - when spring arrives I hear the same high trilling sound every morning until about lunch-time, it goes: trrrrrrrr in a descending scale of perhaps many 1/16th notes, but a distance of 3 notes, maybe only 2 - probably babies born, fed and grown now - smallish bird, I am sure.

Over east I was enchanted when after many years' absence, I re-heard and recognised the Currawong's call - realised how much I had already felt at home in N.S.W. before we set off for Western Australia. Also when visiting @NoBoDe he took me to a clearing which - almost on command - began a concert of bell birds ringing their amazing call through the clearing - unforgettable!

In Europe the only bird which sets me off is the song of the black bird.

Now I have to really go
    (but pearls: I have got heaps of pearl necklaces (real ones), rarely wear them now, will have some re-done so I can pile the lot on. )
    ... and I know of those sandals (!) - nice and plain in a big colour choice, though.
    Just remember it's easy to trip in flip-floppy things when going up and down stairs.
    Finalemente, basta and 'that's it'
    X
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.