Take a Paws, page-3188

1. 18,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @wotsup - I need to reply - didn't sign on yesterday. i was out at a winetasting but all in favour of a good Soropodist-inspired cause - got home, laid me down for a while and promptly fell asleep.

Beautiful weather today - I am - one could say - also in the Darling Ranges, but near Perth. So you are in WA - great spot. The country people I have met here are all absolutely wonderful people - same as farmers everywhere, salt-of-the-earth, not afraid to work and say what they have to say, clearly and simply - perhaps little, but from the heart.

I became an Australian when we moved from Sydney to Western Australia with our young family. Travelling almost a fortnight in a Holden Station Wagon, initially with a tame white cat, whom we lost on the way - no fear, de-sexed, so no progeny - and maybe found a home. Children sad -

Once in Western Australia, father kept pretending he'd seen the 'Nullarbor Tiger' - and kids believed for years there was such a thing. dozens of exhausts on the road, cars filled with shouting, laughing Aboriginals on them, hailing us - everyone greeting or at least tooting their car horn.

It was memorable.
    Then we finished up in Bunbury - which was where we made a good start to what could have been a rags to riches story, but my husband died in his early fifties - so I continued working on my own.

I am o.k. and I am not given to 'what-if' stories, on occasions yes, but mostly no. But we did become 'Australian' just by living with country folk in a then country town. It's a little citified now and very pretty.

So: good to know you, wotsup!!
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.