Take a Paws, page-32619

1. 10,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 617
    i have a question and another little comment which i should start a new thread on but i shall resist the temptation.

Today i called computershare about a stock, "BILL" the cash etf listed on the asx, i have a very hard question for them (roll my eyes in utter contempt), i asked the lady at about 11am, i said,

the stock is going EX DIV on the 7th of april which is a SUNDAY, and since markets are not open sunday i asked will the EX DIV date be MONDAY the 8th or the previous friday, i got put on hold for about 5min, and than this total cretin of an employee starts telling me the PAYMENT date and RECORD DATE, and about 5 times i had to tell this ape, no im talking about the EX DIV date, and no she didnt have a foreign accent, she was a dinky die aussie as they say.

i was put on hold again, eventually she gets back and she says, and i quote 'WHAT IS EX DIVIDEND" , now imagine that, and people i meet every day tell me dont be so cynical mate, give people a chance, to which i always roll my eyes, now imagine that an employee of computershare that deals with share related matters all the time to not know what EX DIVIDEND date is, i just hung up.
    Imagine taking your car to a mechanic and the mechanic asking you, WHATS AN ENGINE? you would think they are taking the piss.

Maybe one of you genius' here will know, what happens when the EX DIV date falls on a sunday, is the date than moved to MONDAY or the previous friday. this is related to "BILL" on asx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.