you know you are allowed to talk about yourself and even to feel...

1. 17,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    you know you are allowed to talk about yourself and even to feel proud of things you’ve done or talents you have. Isn’t it strange though how we learn that it might sound uppity or something. Though I’m sure that it comes in part from growing up in big families. I was one of six and it was awfully hard to find your own spot which was uniquely yours. Then there are all those mixed messages we get.

I’m not so good on being painstaking about things I do with my hands mainly because often I haven’t got a clue how to do something and my mind doesn’t work that way. Though I am perfectly capable of changing a washer or doing basic maintenance. On the other hand I can fall into the trap of seeking some form of perfection on other matters. Letting go of it mattering is a valuable exercise for me.

I have been slowly packing up the house I’m in so that I have some idea of what I will need to get back to Tasmania. The boxes I am currently using are different sizes and shapes and dreadfully offensive to the eye as a result so I have to tell myself I can’t see them. In fact I may pack a few more up today.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.