@wotsup - your post reminded me of a friend I had - she was born...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    @wotsup - your post reminded me of a friend I had - she was born in Northern Yugoslavia of German parents - with lots of knowledge of herbs, great cook etc. She once told me the secret why her hair was beautiful. She grew 'nettles' - yes the european nettle - in a special bed, away from the garden or anywhere open - and when she washed her hair she would make nettle tea, or rather a concentrated extract from a hand full of nettles and rinse her hair in this liquid and allow it to dry naturally.
    Her hair also had a natural wave - just a bit of crispness, which helped and it kept its colour into her seventies.

She turned up one day and gave me a paper bag full of nettle seeds. I stashed it in one of my kitchen cupboards - still have it and I am afraid to actually seed them out, as I have not seen nettles here. I am afraid of introducing another foreign weed into the bush, even though they are actually a herb and can be eaten as a vegetable. I know I will do a ceremonial burning - maybe even tomorrow, but would like to hear opinions on nettles, the 'stinging' nettles variety, especially
    1. do they exist in Australia
    2. would I be doing the wrong thing to grow them?
    @picastoc and @Parsifal

All the best to Melbournites and especially to picastoc - I feel so sad for you - I had a whole week like that for different reasons, but now think it was lack of sunshine and exercise in the open air, and of course, I can't get away from my big elephant in the room, even though I manage to put it aside most of the time.

Remember: everyone you meet has something to be sad about, something to be afraid of, something they cannot solve. And you need to wear a mask when you go out - and don't watch the news - put it out of your mind, after you have taken all the right steps and incorporated them into your routine.
    The kids' noticeboard seems like a lot of fun - write on it!!!
    All the best
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.