Take a Paws, page-33652

1. 24,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "Very soon our power is turned off for 8 hours."

Back in what we (8 kids) call the Black Shack days, no power, no running water in the house was the norm until I was 16.
    Then a new house was built and we got that magic stuff, power and a TV etc and by jo, can that stuff make you come alive (power) tongue.png

We were probably only in the new place for around 1 - 2 years and my father was working on the water bore pump and needed some holes drilled into a bracket.
    So I went to the laundry and plugged in my brother in-laws old aluminum hand drill.
    At the moment I turned the switch on at the wall, that was the moment the drill come alive and naturally me along with it.
    Fortunately, it threw me up against the hot water heater and as the drill lead was short, as the drill dropped, it unplugged itself.
    Luckily it didn't go into the laundry trough, which was half full of water.

Any little nicks and scratches that I had on my hands at the time, all started bleeding.
    Not to mention, the body having the likes of incontrollable shakes for a minute or two.

Other than previously getting a boot from a spark plug lead, this was my first lesson on power LOL.

Around a week later, my brother in-law said he fixed the drill problem and it was now OK if I wanted to use it and I said the likes of - PIGS MIGHT FLY biggrin.png
    Once bitten, twice shy lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.