I don't subscribe to X but i have an account or a free profile...

1. 21,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261
    I don't subscribe to X but i have an account or a free profile so i can check out things, i think Twitter or X is good for news and info, especially news that our main stream media doesn't report and fake news or conspiracies are not that hard to pick out and theres also readers notes attached to some that might be fake news or conspiracy which the notes etc prove the tweet to be false etc.

I think it's terrible what Hotcopper has done to stop loading tweets, twitter loading shouldn't be banned or removed as it's undemocratic, links are still accepted but it's not the same and it basically proves we don't live in a fair dinkum free democracy country though and not all the tweets i use to post on HC were political i use to post some science ones and others too, discussion and open sourcing of ideas and opinions and news and information is a necessary process for humans to develop and to get to the real facts.

If people were never allowed to complain and show evidence that DDT and Smoking was bad for humans then we'd probably still be using DDT and Doctors would still be pushing Camel cigi's in adverts like they use to.
    Scientist's politicians etc, every trade or proffesion all make mistakes and get things wrong even if they have good intentions and thus counter opinions and facts and scientific papers from all scientists should be allowed to ensure maximization of benefits for humans, things shouldn't just be banned, whats good for the goose is not always good for the gander and ideas, medicines etc that work and are good always last the test of time.

Anyway, apparently 61% of Aussies like Nuclear power according to a poll, thats a majority yet our government won't listen to the people it represents!
    Bit like the Voice! and other things....with this Labor gov, they only got 30% odd of the vote too so even when they won with the greens they are not very popular, hopefully they get the boot next year.

We've been in a per capita negative GDP for over 5 consecutive qtrs now with Labor, thats like depression stuff but with all the laws, regulations and high taxes, high wages, high electric costs etc who on earth would choose to invest in Australia rather than a more economically friendly country, if we want high wages then we can't have high taxes and high electric if we want to be competitive in the world and have a sustainble good standard of living.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.