@cowcockie here in Australia I/we never discussed politics with...

1. 18,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    @cowcockie here in Australia I/we never discussed politics with our children - we had great discussions with our friends, some of whom were hippies - we talked about different lifestyles, even considered a commune, but realised there were too many 'bucking males' in our group and it wouldn't work - a bit like on here.
    I worked outside the home for 28 years, my husband died 30 years ago, from overwork - he created a lot of value - and worked his butt off at work too, for a lazy boss. He knew how to talk with union people, and usually did the negotiating on behalf of management - had he lived, I wouldn't be spending my time on HC - he was too interested in the big world. Like most of my 'real life friends' we would be doing a fair bit of travelling now. As is, I am struggling to keep my biggish block of land (and house) in order (as well as my health), but have new 'real-live' friends who help me a little, now and then.

I have spent the last 6 years or so, making friends on HC, my special friend is @NoBoDe who I visited in 2018/19 and he was a perfect host. He, in turn, visited here - since then I have written his life's story, but one of my daughter's died during the period when I should have worked on publishing the book - I got deeply depressed, am only now healing a little.
    So now I've got my energy back - I have decided to check up on the people supporting Trump, because I believe the Western world is sliding into some dangerous ways of thinking and acting. I don't know what 'ism' that makes me but at heart I am a humanist - don't like bad language - hope I don't use it.

I do apologise for making waves on these threads - but I used to feel at home, here too, without talking politics, but things have changed for the worse.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.