Take a Paws, page-33947

1. 13,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Drugs were all around us when I was young. I'd say half of those kids are dead now. Met a friend at work and one Friday she came over high as a kite. I said no we're not going out. I put down my bag and just looked at her. She said her marriage was in trouble, always had an excuse I later learnt. She earnt good money and was good at her job but never seemed to make ends meet. Acted responsibly at work and got promoted until she started developing headaches. The lying started also, huge lies. And then 'it's their fault or your fault'. No responsibility. No accountability. All our group had cut her, I stayed trying to help. My husband didn't want her in the home anymore. She called me one day, I'd been sick with lupus, didn't ask how I was or if I needed help. I told her I didn't want to see her anymore, if she was going to do that to her body. She sent me Christmas cards for many years, I never responded.

She once told me her drug dealer understood her better than anyone else. Self pity 101.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.