Dear Mr kingpins, thank you for that most interesting post.That...

1. 11,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 674
    Dear Mr kingpins, thank you for that most interesting post.
    That is quite an eye opener to me about the blue chips, wow.

I think that my anxiety levels are generally far too high nowadays for share trading.
    But as you say, if you stick to a plan, then you can do well.

Was it you a while ago, who described trading for just 3 hours in the morning and you allowed no interruptions, even to go to the loo?
    Just a 10% drop and you were out, or a 10% rise. Traded from Monday-Thursday.
    I always remember that post.

I think I would have cracked this when I was younger. But then I was getting a great buzz from our plant nursery.
    I used to grow thousands of plants from cuttings, plus shrubs it was fun.
    But the best, was going to Covent Garden flower market at 2am on a Tuesday in our big old lorry.

I had a great relationship with a lot of the salesmen there. They never watered the plants which were sent in for sale and after a few days they binned them.
    Until I came along, they would sell them to me very very cheaply.
    I did all of the buying and my poor husband somehow always managed to fit in the hundreds of trays of plants which I bought for a song.

By then, we would be starving and go over to the old workmans caf and buy huge bacon and egg rolls and a massive cup of milky coffee.
    Nothing tasted better.
    Then the long drive home, 1 1/2 hours.

Then the staff were in and unloaded everything. I would spend all day in the greenhouse until they were watered picked over and priced.
    We made serious dosh out of that and sold them much cheaper than our competitors, great fun.
    For example, large pots of begonias, I would price at 1.99 each or 3 for a fiver. I normally paid 20c each for those.

But I was almost falling asleep in the afternoon.
    Would have a couple of glasses of plonk to keep me going haha.

Yeah I love a buzz

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.