Take a Paws, page-358

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Ken,just an idea re selection criteria. Have you ever browsed on linkedin to see how others (preferably someone with your skillset) have approached selection criteria responses? It's hard to write "public servant speak" when you've been out of the loop.I believe several foresters have their resumes up there. I've had several career changes along the way and realised quickly that employers are only interested in relevant recent job experience. Not from several life changes ago, no matter how relevant you think it is. Re knowledge and proficiency, they want to see if you can see the big picture - fire impacts on forests, community expectations, mental health concerns of employees, engaging with stakeholders (they love this one), economic changes both locally, and at state level, how you have interacted and liased with the "greenies", meetings with local mill and forest owners. The list is endless. Diagrammatically, how your skill subset interacts with other stakeholders. You just give examples of how you have applied your skills to various groups. eg I I initiated groundwater impact studies, I collaborated with ANU for forestry research on the viability of burnt trees, They want you to use words such as initiated, collaborated, consulted and give examples.If you have had a break from forestry they will want to see you have kept abreast of industry developments, politically and economically. They love to see references to journal articles. Journal articles may be the only forestry professional development you may have had in the last couple of years but they are relevant especially if you choose articles from industry experts the interviewer will be familiar with. Horses for course. They love this pat on the back.You probably know all this Ken, but I hope it gives you some ideas. I could fill up pages for you. Look at linkedin. People love telling you how great they are, concisely, and even in dot points sometimes, Learn the buzz phrases they want to hear. Best wishes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.