"So easy stacking hay into the shed on Christmas Day."Hay...

1. 24,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "So easy stacking hay into the shed on Christmas Day."

Hay carting, never cart with friends, as you won't be friends after it, it can draw out the worst in us all.

Later years when I got the hay carter, as you had to move fast, some times I would have the son with me, other wise it was a one man band.
    But it used to be funny, when getting near the top of the shed, one would make a dash with a bale and smack their head on a steel beam. eek.png
    If it wasn't you, you couldn't help but laugh, which naturally didn't go down well lol.
    With that machine as you were really moving, when up near the top of the roof, obviously you had the heat.
    But as long as you didn't stop half way through the load you were ok, but if you did stop, the sweat would just start flowing and I don't sweat easy.
    Watching someone's leg go down a hole in full flight with a bale, was quite hilarious at times.

When you're at ground level with that machine, the bales come down the shoot at a high rate of knots.
    The second load I ever did with it, as I was too slow, one bale hit me in the side of the head as I come back to the machine eek.png, I was sure I had a broken neck LOL.
    I phoned the sellers of the machine and said this is crap and I've paid 20 g's for the bugger, there is no way anyone can keep up with this, even running as slow as you could run it.
    He laughed and explained a few things on how you needed to stack with it, so your not travelling too far etc.

At the end of each load, you would get under the tap, to revive yourself.
    ------------
    Growing up as kids, me 1 of 8, no power etc, etc, poor and all, was the best thing for us all, as we have all done pretty well, left school and immediately into work.
    However, we have probably done the wrong thing with our two kids, done to much for them and gave them to much.
    Hindsight is great lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.