Take a Paws, page-36470

1. 14,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    We had a discussion last week on religion and science v's what they're teaching kids now.

When I was in high school and our catholic teacher said I must lie because I was born woman. I said 'screw you', lol.
    My mother came down and told the priest off. My best friend in class walked out with me.
    In science I was doing well until we were born from apes that God had nothing to do with it. I said no I don't believe that.
    I kept refusing to believe what he was throwing down my throat.
    Told to either believe or get out of class so I left. No one stood up for me in class.
    Was put into lower class and I was an A student. Mum went down again and kicked teacher's butt.
    BTW my mum was not catholic and had been raised with no religion. She left that up to us to choose.
    I'm still friends with the girl that stood up for me after all these years.
    One of the guys in that science class didn't stand up for me was supposed to be one of the toughest in school. Years later he was challenged on a train by a guy who thought he was staring at him. The guy said he had a black belt. I talked to that guy and stood up for my friend, who had never stood up for me. The guy backed down and even apologised.
    Takes courage to stand up for what you believe in and for people you care for and that's the lesson I learnt off my mum

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.