Hell big e !. Re the share market. Have been in charge of our...

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Hell big e !. Re the share market. Have been in charge of our portfolios for 12 years now and looking back have come to the conclusion that there is no need to panic, especially if you have a grasp of technical analysis and an inquiring mind. Have also come to the conclusion that it is a total waste of time to follow the many share market gurus who charge you to read their newsletters. Your charts and scans will alert you just a quickly. I also think real time data and intra-day scanning is worth the money.. We have navigated a difficult year and the Australian economy will stumble a little in the next couple of years, but not fall over. The potential vaccine has steadied our market and given us a glimpse of the path ahead. Climate change and social consciousness will see speed bumps as companies such as Rio and BHP acknowledge changing world expectations and shareholders grasp of the value of social capital. All in all, our ability to manage change, perhaps embrace it , will stand us in good stead.

I notice the homeless person early in the morning when we leave to babysit our grand child in Brisbane and feel guilty every time I see his/her car. I can only hope our grand child will never have to experience homelessness. While my husband regularly tells me I can't change the world, I don't think we shouldn't as a community, overlook or gloss over, the people who fall through the cracks. We have a village meeting once a month and I think I will add homelessness to the agenda. The village owns the hall, a sportsground and a park, a lot in terms of financial assets. We successfully fund-raised $200,000 for veranda extensions in the last couple of years, so a short-term accommodation building is do-able. We have success with grant applications, local and state. Managing and assessing who could use the accommodation would be a stumbling block but perhaps I am getting ahead of myself. Just going to the meeting and testing the water will be a good start.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.