@bunbun - I live here and haven't been to the Kimberleys' - it's...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    @bunbun - I live here and haven't been to the Kimberleys' - it's on the bucket list! Maybe await till Mr @NoBoDe gets here.

Years ago I did a trip with a parliamentary delegation up north to Broome - and saw that amazing beach near Broome - experienced a sunset there - had people from China with us - all provincial politicians - really sweet and polite people. On the way back they were listening to their little radios about what was happening in Tiananmen Square - really worried looks - no talk. It was tragic and they knew the outcome.

i became friends with the only woman in that delegation - and she was well educated, spoke English well, was an engineer by profession.
    In Broome she became aware that the chinese crew (all young men) of a boat had absolutely no vegetables and fruit to eat, so she organised via my boss - boxes of fruit delivered to the boat - you should have seen the gratitude of these young men.

We also called in on various mines, one of which was co-partnered by the Chinese, but I have forgotten it all, now But it was the first time that I realised what a horrible job mining is, even to just drive those various mechanical bits of machinery in those temperatures is inhuman - and they drive down 'into the pit' - the men all had singlets on, which they were continuously wetting down and putting on again. And then to see their accommodation in the dongas was an experience too. Those mine workers deserve all the money they get, unfortunately many spend it on drink.

Mind you the food in Broome was amazing - it was real Chinese food, not doctored for a Western taste.

I tend to go south, when I want a holiday - I have friends down there.
    Australia is an amazing country and I have only seen a fraction
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.