@kingpins - thankyou for sharing - I am no longer invested in...

1. 17,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149

@kingpins - thankyou for sharing - I am no longer invested in Lithium - have sold my last holding today. Only have minor funds, anyway, but all the more important not to lose them.
    I sometimes think of a movie I saw years ago - and it is probably on Netflix - it was futuristic and people lived in big cities crowded into multi-level buildings, even traffic was on multi-levels - there was a 'flying taxi' service - it all looked pretty plausible, but I wouldn't want to live like that. There were even life-like robots made to look and act like real humans . . . SciFi, of course, but I do not dismiss Sci-Fi automatically - the writers who wrote those stories so many years ago, were often right.

I, too believe, we will have to harness atomic power in a better way, but using it for passenger vehicles? I cannot see that - I think cities will be more concentrated and there will be really good public transport available - I grew up in such a city (Vienna) and they have improved so much, that many people don't even bother driving their cars in the city. However the major way of housing for most citizens is in flats, and i have been in some which have the capacity of an ordinary Aussie house, most are smaller and once you have lived in a house, you say 'never again' - but it's all a matter of habit.

BTW my now deceased daughter and her husband drove 2 hybrid cars (first one, a second-hand one bought from a famous guitarist friend, the second new. which were early adaptations to electric, Toyota hybrids - and they were really happy with them - I was taken around in them, too, only found them a bit too silent - like you wouldn't know if another car came close to you in traffic - mind you in London traffic there is no chance of ever having a road to yourself, anyway. The first one looked a bit ungainly.
    The battery was charging, when the car was in the 'other' mode - I never saw them connect their car to an electric 'thingy' (sorry I am no electrician).
    I also believe our mode of housing and how we build our cities will be the determinant for future road transport.

I guess the big dream is that we become 'winged insects' - and fly around our cities, whilst our mobiles do the navigating for us eek.png
    All the best
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.