Take a Paws, page-3453

1. 18,025 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    @nemodj - sorry to hear about your deceased cat friend. I haven't had a cat for a long time - we always used to have them - and somehow, they had always 'found' us - either they were in a house we bought or - in one instance a kitten just followed the children (now adults getting heavily middle-aged - haha) from school. In one instance a male ginger kitten just turned up and our (de-sexed) male ginger black@white cat adopted him - they became the best of friends . . this was when I was part of a complete family.

husband died, children grew up, moved away - one got divorced and

I then had a dog 'foisted' onto me because of the divorce and I became a devoted dog owner - alas only for 5 years, as the dog in question, a Kerry Blue, had a genetic skin condition which never got better, just got worse and i had to have her put down. It was one of the most difficult things I had to do and the mourning and suffering were genuine.

The present cat, had me in her sights for at least a year. - I had a visitor about 1 year ago (NoBoDe) and she was doing her reconnoitering then - he shooed her off, I shooed her off - and now she rules the roost. Persistence pays off, but also

eye contact - she lifts her head and looks at me directly and then 'speaks her mind' haha
    charm
    and to do the wonderfully graceful sliding and smooching around the 'adored owner' any chance one gets
    have helped. - and I am besotted.

She did belong to someone, is micro-chipped and i met the former owner, who had moved about 2 kms away, but across a busy road and this cat had been going back and forth 11 times in 3 years, but they hadn't seen her for a whole year - that's when she was 'casing the new joint', i.e. 'me'. She even has a vaccination card!! so a much beloved pet - and they are glad she has found me.

Good luck - a new cat or maybe just 'pet' will find you
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.