Chain mesh gloves are needed for chicken boning, nothing else,...

1. 21,549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    Chain mesh gloves are needed for chicken boning, nothing else, they slow you down and reduce the skill level of a butcher imo, if you use a knife properly you'll hardly ever cut yourself and after you've cut yourself a few times you certainly won't do it very often again lol. My first boss use to tell me if you don't cut yourself now and then your not trying hard enough, sounds a bit scary but it's actually true. These days the youngsters have some funny idea about needing to wear one, breeding snowflakes i tell ya, by the time they are qualified they'd still be lucky to cut themselves out of a wet paper bag, useless as tits on a bull alot of the youngsters, clock watchers too, an oldschool butcher would be 3 times as productive when it comes to boning and doing the harder work, the worst thing is the attitude to work the young ones have these days, most are so lazy it's not funny and if you tell them to hurry up it never ends well, very sad really. Having said all that, Butchering is one of the lowest paid jobs, checkout chicks get a higher award than a qualified butcher for example.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.