LKE 2.27% 4.3¢ lake resources n.l.

heya, Analyst makes some valid points but would like to share my...

1. 250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    heya, Analyst makes some valid points but would like to share my perspectives with you on this one pertaining mainly on the analysts view on lithium production, the strong focus on commodity price and I guess my take on market evaluation that makes me bullish on Lake Resources specifically.

Firstly I would like to point out that the article has a bias towards spodumene production which has an entirely different process to Brine which this article does not highlight. Interestingly the author goes on to emphasize on delays with chemicals as being part of a refinery bottleneck (which is due to the nature of hard rock) a notion used as a counter argument declared by other analysts who believe this would sustain the Lithium commodity price against over supply for which the author disagrees. I concur.

This leads me onto my next point. The author appears to be fixated by commodity price and the high prices of 2017 & 2018 and implies that the current prices today will be like this for the forseeable future. That might also be true, But I don't believe this to be because of Shrinking automotive sales and decreased subsidies in BEV (Battery electric vehicles). Automotive sales maybe down but that maybe because of choices. There are more vehicles coming to market over the next year or so and consumers could be just waiting, in fact for china it would make sense to wait. Tesla is just about to fire up Gigafactory 3 which is big for China. Interestingly, Tesla got a big subsidy a couple of days ago too. If Subsidies do decline overall it is because companies have gone under or have succeeded and do not require the support. Same way America works. Austrailia does not do subsidies for EV's so can see how the author made this a poor argument. Then the article follows this up with miners doing cutbacks and still having oversupply of Lithium now and further into the future. Question I have is what is over supply?

For me, I think to understand oversupply it has to be understood what the demand may be and what ensures the demand as a comparison.

My take on what will ensure the demand is government policy. There is already major countries like China and Germany who have set targets for electrfication of vehicles by 2030 or 2040. At around 30 to 40%. This was highlighted by Steve Promnitz in an interview last year which gave me some comfort as we both agree this ensures demand.

With demand I will use China.
    It has approx 300 million vehicles.
    It has approx 3 million Electric Vehicles on the road. 1%
    Electric veh needs 40kg of Lithium.
    @30% government policy over 10 years for China.
    30% × 300 million = 90 million Veh.
    90 million × 0.040 tonnes Lithium = 3.6 Million Tonnes
    360 000 T for China alone each year for the next Ten Years.
    We still have not mined that much Lithium.
    Remember lithium is still needed in plenty of other products and this does not even include battery storage or the lithium required for toughened glass for solar panels for example.

This is one country. One product.

Globally We do not produce that much and analysts I think tend to focus on what is buried rather than the speed of retrieval as over supply. Its this speed of retrieval I feel will underline the under supply that is going to happen based on current rates. This is where Lake comes in for me.

Above is really a way for me to rationlise roughly how big a market that is coming and if there is room for Lake Resources. For me it is yes.The market coming will likely have plenty of room.

Right now

Yes we need investors but what we really need is mass production of electric vehicles to increase. Horse before the cart type shit. So don't be upset that no one is throwing big money at lithium. Electric cars are still a novelty for most people or unaffordable. Model 3 arrived in Australia. We need more of them for it become ingrained in the general publics persona. It is then Sentiment will change.

Your better off charting the number of Model 3's you see over the next year. Then checking stock price - unless your buying of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $71.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.5¢ 4.1¢ $404.5K 9.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 831640 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 216771 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.