XJO 1.19% 7,831.8 s&p/asx 200

take one for the team friday

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    My fellow XJOER's,

Your humble correspondent has been tied up for a few days after the missus fixed me with one of those looks that said she really was determined to get to the bottom of something

'Pisces'....'Yes Darling'....'I was wondering why you spend so much time on that Hot Copper ,there's barely enough time left for me Darling , what do people do on that blessed XJO thread on Hot Copper '.

I must admit until I'd actually thought about it I hadn't realised how difficult it was to explain...'well darling they draw a lot of lines trying to work out whether it's going up or going down but all it wants to do lately is go down '

In her complete innocence she cooed ' that sounds like me darling '

I must admit her reply did cause me to stir slightly within my loins ,but she was not to be deterred....'well what are their names darling ?' I fumbled to collect my thoughts...' well there's Maxi'...she gushed 'Maxi ...that's so cute '....' and Pauley '....'Pauley ...how cute is that '....and Mowibble....'oh my god,Mowibble....it's so cute I could almost eat him '.

I thought that might be that but she kept on . 'Have you got any photos of them ? '

In my desperation I scrolled through to bring up the barechested photo of ChrisFord that he now regrets he sent in from his palace in Mesoptamia or wherever.

The missus took one look at this and fixed me with that look that said she now understood everything

'You're mixing with a bunch of queers aren't you ,it's an internet site for queers '

'No ,no ,you've got it all wrong ,ChrisFord is a stud ,he's the biggest stud on the XJO thread ' ,but the missus had the taste of blood by now..'Pisces the guy is a vegan who keeps odd hours and walks around barechested in flossy silk arabic pantaloons....you're lying to me Pisces '

In vain I trolled through and tried to defend the masculinity of my colleagues here and I shall repeat her replies only to highlight the venom that cat spew forth from a woman in scorned mode

Redbacka : ' you've never seen a straight guy with a red back have you ?'

Barnsty : she really mocked this one 'BAAAAAAARRRNSTY ???..are you serious ? '

wayward : ' you don't even need me to reply to that one do you '

Voltaire : 'Darling Voltaire is french for faggot'

AndrewfromPerth :' quite seriously what hetero in their right mind calls themselves ANNNDRUUUUUE these days ,and the cheek of him with that Perth thing ,the city of gays '

willywagtail: ' well he's just completely desperate with that moniker isn't he ?'

SanFelipe : ' hicamp upmarket,he's hoping you'll be impressed '

DiscoStu : ' Darling only queers go anywhere near discos these days '

She really had everyone in the gun by this stage

....and so it went on,one by one the missus tore strips off my friends here until I was reduced to a gibbering mess ,belittled ,ashamed and insignificant .But she wasn't done ,she was determined to prove herself more important to the time I spent on HotCopper ansd summoned me to the bedroom....when she's in that sort of mood you don't argue you just go .She fixed me with a wild stare. I can only give you a small insight into the scenario .

The next three days proved to be the most exhausting of my life as she had her rampant way with me and set out to prove that I had merely been slightly led astray by my dear colleagues here and that she was more important than Hot Copper....and believe me she is.

I managed to crawl to the computer to get these few words out for the Friday thread ,devoted to the task as I am here, but barely had the strength to tap on the keyboard

So there you have it XJOER'S .This is take one for the team Friday.Hopefully when your spouses and mistresses confront you with your Hot Copper addiction you will be better prepared than I .

Good luck out there today and play a straight bat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.