BSE 2.00% 24.5¢ base resources limited

Take over, page-18

1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Hi Contra,
    stocks, like any asset, can be used as collateral.  The more conservative the financial insto, the lower the leverage they will allow.  Typically, you need to have a major package of stock to do it.  That's why I say directors like Tim can probably do it.  A few thousand shares?  Forget it.  A few million? Now you have the weight to be taken seriously (however, if going for a mortgage, eg, you can list shares as assets to convince the bank to loan to you if your portfolio is large enough even though individual holdings are small).

I would hope, however, that Tim wouldn't short his own stock - that's a completely different deal.  To short your stock, sign up with a good fee for service broker.  They have access to the short market.  Alternatively, sign up with:

https://www.ig.com/au/trade-volatil...w_wcB&ef_id=WnVWtgAAAHylPUdx:20180221084341:s

As for the technical aspects - I wouldn't like to say as I am not an adviser and every broker has their own take on it.  Talk to IG, they'll fill you in and what can/cant be done and, importantly, what the implications are.

I personally eschew shorting (stock lending) as, I believe, other products on the market are cheaper/safer (talking about CFDs or Call and Put options as examples, not that the latter is safer!).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $288.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ $574.3K 2.314M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 89948 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 41935 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.