UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

take over, page-24

1. 8,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Hi (ohyeah76)

I am getting a picture of some reasons as I go through the announcements.

Jumbo Junction is a classic case of underestimating what they have going by what I have just read.

September Quarter 2008 Drilling update.

UMC have a tenement within 5kls of Area CIt has a 56 metre of mineralized zone of low impurities blue/black Marra Mamba Hematite above banded iron formation in the nose of the Weeli Wolli anticline. Three good grade zones totalling 48metres within the 56 metre interval -similar grade assays have been obtained from a further 15 holes of the 23 holes received so far.
    The Fe and SI02 assay results with low AI203+ P values at Jumbo present the opportunity to upgrade the materiel to produce a "Brazilian Style" Itabirite fines product of 63%+Fe by simple beneficiation.
    These results come from the phase one RC drilling program of 62 holes for 4614 metres at Jumbo Junction which was completed on a 400 x 160 exploration grid-assay results for the balance of the 62 holes are still pending.
    The grades for this Itabirite style iron ore are between 50.1 to 56.7%Fe TAKE NOTE OF THE GRADES when reading below.

Have we been told about the rest of these holes?

To give an example of this type of iron ore from Brazil being mined by the big boy's and an Australian Junior.

Samarco - VALE/BHP Billiton 2,998 million tonnes ave 45%Fe

South Eastern System - VALE 3,872Mt average 52%Fe

Minos-Rio - MMX of Brazil 1,153Mt @ 39%Fe & 2,331Mt at 30%Fe.

Mbalam - SDL of AUS. 2,400Mt @ average 38%Fe.
    Sundance/SDL Itabirite is to be upgrades to one product of 66%Fe and another at 68%Fe.

Regards
    Westcott.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.