COK 0.00% 0.0¢ cockatoo coal limited

Take Overs Panel, page-18

1. 496 Posts.
    I feel the appeal of selling at o.3c is the taking of a tax loss for this financial year. While knowing you can pick the same if not more volume back at 0.2c in the offer.

This is just another example of how the tax revenue system falls apart if the mining industry is not making money. I hope the Government is starting to realise the national importance of the Australian mining sector being cash positive and more importantly spending. It is not just the mining companies not paying tax. It is all those businesses that hang off the industry. Transport companies, drilling contractors, project groups, consultants, Country area motels and small businesses. Not only are they not paying company tax, but GST revenue is seriously down also.

They need mechanisms that drive the AUD down. Interest rate cuts do not seem to have the same effect they have in the past. Maybe what we need is a PM that comes out with silly statements....dame, we have that already as well. Maybe we need a PM and Deputy dancing around in their underwear, doing the "AUD falling rain dance" Tone is always good for giving his budgie run.
    Last edited by T1243: 16/02/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.