SMN 6.84% 62.5¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Sorry @Rajenp5 but I have to disagree. Yes, it has taken an...

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    Sorry @Rajenp5 but I have to disagree. Yes, it has taken an extraordinarily long time. But the level of complexity involved to hardwire Boeing, the FAA and major airlines and aviation stakeholders to change traditional methods of maintenance to trusting innovative tech (ours) to find structural integrity problems is huge.

Yesterday, as part of my own personal research, I paid for and downloaded an academic paper from David Piotrowski, Delta Air Lines, Technical Operations, Technology Development Engineering, Atlanta, GA, United States, entitled “Overview of SHM in airline maintenance: Challenges and opportunities” Link at https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-443-15476-8.00003-4

The regulatory hurdles that our company has had to go through, just to get to this stage, has been extraordinary. It was a fascinating read, 12 pages long, but gave me a very clear explanation of what our tech is, the history of the technology and techniques involved, but also examples of SHM applications in service.

This document also articulates very clearly the four pieces of the SHM puzzle: 1) Technical (possibility of detection), 2) Procedural (approvals, qualifications, data integrity and assurance, 3) Financial (Financial goals must be achieved in concert with industry partners and should be structured as "win-win" for all partners), and finally 4) Regulatory, the most complex of all the pieces.

The document cost me $50 AUD (it’s actually in USD) but it really gives you a very broad understanding of the boxes that have had to be ticked to get to this stage. Highly recommended for investors who really want to do their due diligence.

My very best wishes to all shareholders, and here’s hoping for a great quarterly and a positive Boeing meeting later this week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
62.5¢
Change
0.040(6.84%)
Mkt cap ! $85.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 62.5¢ 58.5¢ $43.92K 72.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3585 61.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.5¢ 3748 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.