MSB 2.70% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

Takeover Acceptance Level?, page-11

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    fasten - I'm no expert at valuing companies, be it NPV, or expected future value, not at all.
    You can't value this company in any normal way..it has no earnings...its all about expected future earnings (as was, say,  AMZN when it went pubic almost 20 years ago).
    As you know, there's a huge industry dedicated precisely to this ("fundamental analysis"), and while one can be cynical about this (I am), sometimes they can issue good research. You can read the SEC Filing (F-1) here, and do the numbers yourself. Everything is there. It HAS to be.

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/edgar_conv_html/2015/11/06/0001193125-15-370416.html#FIS_BUSINESS

All I know is that I respect the founder (I know him almost 30 years (NYC etc.)), but not for a few years now - I wrote him last week, in light of recent developments: no reply..yet) - and bought the stock on this basis, of respect  - of what they are doing with allogeneic adult mesenchymal linear stem cells, their impressive technology platform, and the major untreatable diseases are trying to treat...Cor. Heart Failure (CHF) when all other methods proven useless, Deg. Disc Disease, (most common ailment in USA, I too am a sufferer), and failure of unmatched bone marrow transplant, the technical name is more complex), and various rheumatoid diseases the Founder's original specialty (rheumatology and allergy - closely related). And there's more.
    I can't value it . If and when they deliver a successful product, they will soar.
    That's all I can say.
    As I said, I was a stockholder, but cut my losses recently. I had lost too much, and can use the proceeds elsewhere. Losing money is part of the game. Its fallen some 28% since re-opening on ASX and today's low, plus 34% off the pre-Halt (AUD3.41). And more if one's Entry was higher than AUD3.41 (It was as high as $10  in 2010).
    Someone said here yesterday after the close, this is a bottom. I didn't want to ask the (valid) question on what basis he mde that claim (tho' we might be near a bottom), but in all honesty its "catching a falling knife" (the image is very clear), a slogan as old as Wall St itself, or older. Had he acted, he'd be down. In fact, it's closed lower every day since the Trading Halt ended. This is a fact, not a moral judgement. People seeking bargains at this "oversold" price have ...bloody hands....for now.
    As I write , it's at the lowest since the re-open after the Trading Halt. I would only buy on a clear sign of a reversal (assuming not a dead cat bounce), not buy a falling stock (what's it called... "averaging down"? The worst mistake. Or doubling down? Whatever).
    SP = 1.635 (low of day) as I conclude this long Post
    Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.025(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
94.0¢ 96.8¢ 93.5¢ $4.207M 4.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 42268 94.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 48002 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.