OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

takeover and aquisitions , page-27

1. 497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    We can get measly interest on all that cash or we can get our hands on some copper rich land and start getting it out of the ground while it is still highly priced.
    Supply will eventually catch up to demand in any market and it's almost a blessing for Australia that the GFC has reduced investment in resource assets overseas and kept supply down.
    Think of how many tonnes we could have dug up in the last 12 months. Think of what it would have costed to do so and the prices we would have gotten. That's an extra year down the track were we will have to take much lower prices than this which are still really relatively very high.
    I'm glad to see that there has been growing support for making a move at the bottom of the business cycle while assets are going for half what they would be in a normal stage of the business cycle and a quarter of what they would be in a boom.
    We should have spent the buyback money growing our stakes in takeover targets rather than buying back shares.
    Im not surprised that shareholders want blood and I can foresee a coupe pretty soon if nothing is done.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.