VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

Here me out on this one. The stock is trading very well ahead of...

1. 520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12

Here me out on this one. The stock is trading very well ahead of the upcoming AGM at the end of this month. Given how much the share price moves into these type of events have telegraphed things historically, this suggests we have good corporate news coming.

Private equity firms are awash with cash and with a stable business again Vocus represents a prime target for these type of buyers. If you were a private equity firm looking at acquiring Vocus, do you go now or wait until after the AGM. If you wait until the AGM and the share price pops, then you have lost the opportunity to acquire this coming at the previous $3.50 type level, because a new precedent will have been set. If however you make a move now then you can argue that your bid was the result of the share price pop and therefore still represents a good premium for shareholders. I would also not rule out the egos of private equity here, no firm will want to offer more than the previous bidders, so $3.50 really sets that as a benchmark for something to get done in the short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.