STO 0.72% $6.98 santos limited

From Matthew Stevens at the AFR “The attention-grabbing clarion...

1. 452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    From Matthew Stevens at the AFR
    “The attention-grabbing clarion of concern sounded by South Australia's Treasurer, Tom Koutsantonis, laid claim to some sort of bid-blocking potential. But that rather over-sells the state's power to intervene to protect its home-grown oil and gas champion.
    The new reality is that the best Koutsantonis might do to prevent a move on Santos would be to advertise his prejudice with his federal counterpart, whose department is responsible for the Foreign Investment Review Board and who has the final call over any recommendations it might make.
    Almost the worst Koutsantonis could do is threaten to mess around with present and future land access and state approvals should Santos change hands. I say almost the worst, because there is one more dangerous step, and that would be to actually fulfil that threat in a fit of pique that would result in state self-harm”.

Maybe not as much power as he thinks. I would also think Habour and especially Linda Cook would have the experience to have done their research thoughly. I’m obviously talking in favour of a takeover which suits my goals. So in that case DYOR.
    Regards Tommy

Read more: http://www.copyright link/business/...tos-showstopper-20171117-gznuyb#ixzz4zEfQiePs
    Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.98
Change
0.050(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $22.66B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.04 $7.09 $6.98 $56.29M 8.036M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19356 $6.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.01 39795 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.