STO 0.00% $7.94 santos limited

Takeover bid coming from Linda cook?, page-168

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Never really thought of STO as a trading stock, always considered it a long term play. The key uncertainty long term for me is the operational performance of the company. Regarding commodity price, the $50 oil world is a reasonable planning basis.

Long term I am optimistic for STO - the operational performance for most of the assets is going OK - PNG is going well, GLNG is improving although below capacity. The debt is getting down to acceptable levels. There seems to be some growth opportunities although the company could do with a nice high margin oil project to spice up the portfolio.

It will all come down to what earnings may look like a 2 or 3 years from now.

Bottom line for me is that I am looking for an $8 share price be get in the black - I first bought at $12. The $5 share price came come a lot quicker than I expected. My overall feeling is that the recent takeover approach was opportunistic, timed before the financial recovery of the company really kicks in.

Not across the longer term forecasts and for the company to have a good idea of future value, although I am confident it is well ahead of where we are today. Just wondering if anyone had any info.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.