4DS 1.28% 7.7¢ 4ds memory limited

@gasYou need more than 51% just FYI. It's remarkably hard to...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    @gas

You need more than 51% just FYI. It's remarkably hard to pull off a hostile takeover on the ASX. You need 90% acceptance as you're only allowed to buy up to 20% on market under normal conditions (Which as others have said would also increase the price substantially given the liquidity on offer). It's probably not something I would be worrying about. Chapter 6 of the Corporations Act for more details (and some ASIC policies which I can't remember the details of at the moment).

As for the valuations in this thread, I'd suggest that you can't just use a market proxy without any explanation/link back to why that market proxy is appropriate. Given we don't seem to be targeting DRAM, I'd say it isn't the correct market to be used as a valuation input. In terms of methodology, a market multiples approach also isn't appropriate for valuation (which I think is what Patchspike was alluding to) as it is typically used for companies with recurring embedded cashflow. A more relevant approach would probably be a VC or DCF method with some qualitative factors/scorecard approach integrated in given the unknowns and the stage 4ds is at.

Companies like this are difficult to value even if we had all the information that would be needed to do it, that's why we get paid what we do, to do it. Given the target market in AI is very much in its infancy and is expected to grow exponentially a good valuation model/analysis will take this into account but this will also be offset by higher risk weightings in any valuation model. It's a fun exercise to go through and always nice to dream big, a bit like a lotto ticket.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.