AVM 11.5% 2.9¢ advance metals limited

Takeover near?The posts and press items suggesting a failed...

1. 572 Posts.
    Takeover near?

The posts and press items suggesting a failed takeover of Anvil will send the share price to about $5 ring alarm bells for me. A scare campaign?

My feeling is that Minmetals need to proceed with the take over before too much positive news - especially increasing profits - become manifest.

One wonders whether management could be holding back too -- but that is a very mean thought.

Note that the Feb 14/16 date for the take over decision is about the latest date before quarterly reports are due to be released.
    After institutions and others analyse the quarterly report they will surely note the takeover price offer is (to say the least) not generous.
    That wouldn't do now! - would it?

Price movement of Anvil shares and increasing turnover (still relatively low) suggests that there is a takeover confirmation on the way.
    The Canadian turnover is more the pointer although given changing exchange rates the $8 Canadian will result in an amount much closer to $7 Australian in pocket after takeover.

The following item is from Stockhouse Forum in Canada ---->

"Closed at 7.73 this Friday and the trend is up towards 8.00. This deal closes Feb 14/16 unless there is a cancellation or extension. The recent trading is showing this deal will most likely close at this time. This is my experience as retail investors are the last to know. If we trend towards the low 7's then more than likely it will not materialize. this was evident in the last two extensions as trading was in the low 7's right onto the closing date. Will know soon enough on the outcome."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.003(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $3.927M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.9¢ 2.4¢ $36.69K 1.440M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25692 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 51842 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.