LLP 0.00% 34.5¢ lloyds bank plc

goodaye,well it has finally happened - i guess the PTN...

1. 8,548 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2816
    goodaye,
    well it has finally happened - i guess the PTN acquisition and shuffling of assets, bank demands, were the trigger (plus also the recovery of the retirement sector).

I just compared the Top 20 s/h list.
    Most of the s/h (other than LLC) are nominee coys.
    Of the non-nominee coys, most of those s/h were in the Top 20 last year.
    Of the Nominees, most were also in the Top 20 last year - but we have no way of knowing if they represent the same parcels of shares - but I suspect they do to a certain extent.

The point I was looking for, is that those s/h in last year Top 20 will have a much higher entry point than 31c !

The issue for LLC and LLP , is that LLC cannot vote its 43%.
    For the Scheme to get up, it needs 75% of shares voted, and 75% of shareholders voting.

So there is 57% of shares in LLP that LLC do not own.
    Thus 25% of that 57% is 14.25% of the total.
    In other words, it only needs holders of 14.25% of the shares of LLP to vote against the Scheme and it will not pass.

Given my point above that it looks like many of these Top 20 s/h bought over ayear ago, it may be that they will not be happy to exit at 31c, and may vote it down.

I had shares in INP - Sonic tried to do exactly same thing - Independent Directors recommended deal, but Instos got Independant Dir to negotiate a slightly improved price, and deal went thru.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.