WCL 0.00% 39.5¢ westside corporation limited

Sle,I know we are all in this stock because we can see the...

1. 1,189 Posts.
    Sle,

I know we are all in this stock because we can see the inevitability of gas prices rising to the global norm, however when you think about what this is going to do our ever shrinking manufacturing base you wonder whether our government sold us down the river approving too many LNG plants in Qld. Yes we've had solid investment and the current account will look a bit better when those LNG shipments start to move, but what about the industries who rely on natural gas at low prices to fend off imports?
    One mega csg to lng plant made sense, but to approve three (actually four), I think that was very short sighted in the absence of some sort of protection for domestic gas users.

Or are we supposed to accept this is just the way of the future and there is no point in holding onto cheap cleaner energy to value add. One things for sure, the coal diggers would have seen those LNG plant approvals and thanked their lucky stars because it was looking like gas powered generators were going to take over for a while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.