GNX 0.00% 27.0¢ genex power limited

Well it appears to me that Twiggy Forrest is more than bullish...

1. 153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19

Well it appears to me that Twiggy Forrest is more than bullish on this space, and could put in a competing bid:

Replace the DOTs below with dots J

https://www DOT smhDOT com DOT au/business/companies/big-bigger-biggest-forrest-s-energy-ambition-on-fire-20221207-p5c4fu.html

The deal announced on Wednesdayinvolves his private company Squadron Energy buying a portfolio of wind andsolar assets from Spain’s CWP, which when teamed with Forrest’s existingoperations will move to 2.4 gigawatts, with a development pipeline of 20 gigawatts– enough to power 8.5 million homes, double the number of homes in NSW.

How quickly Forrest moves to develop this pipeline will play alarge part in determining the speed that Australia reduces emissions and ourranking on the international stage.

Solar, wind and batteries arealready proven technologies in green transition. They are mature, profitableand highly sought after by infrastructure investors. Companies includingSpanish utilities giant Iberdrola, QIC’s Tilt Renewables, and Canadian pensionfund CDPQ and Origin Energy were in the auction room for CWP but missed outwhen Forrest came over the top with an offer of more than $4 billion.

Thosebig consortiums have large war chests to invest in renewables – Forrest willneed to muster outside funding.

Last edited by Cungi: 12/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $373.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.3¢ 27.0¢ $89.56K 331.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 8221759 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 4661051 44
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.