MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

BMT application( FDA Orphan Drug status) in Phase III looks like...

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    BMT application( FDA Orphan Drug status) in Phase III looks like the 1st one to market in CL2014 - if my memory serves me correct (but please check Analyst reports).

But the real value in MSB is the science and MPC technology and what impact its going to have on health care worldwide. This is at a time when many Pharmas ( large & small ) are coming off patent cliffs in CL12 & CL13 AND they have the likes of Teva ready to pounce on a generic version of previously billion dollar branded products.
    On this point TEVA also has major challenges on its generic business ( other genereic Pharmas as well as Big Pharmas also now looking to manufacture generic versions of their own products) and has flagged its major intention to diversify its business into branded drugs ( this explains its aquisition of Cephalon due to its branded drugs and strong pipeline (including MSB's CHF and BMT applications).

So MSB has already got 1 Pharma interested - enough to invest approx $350m(CEPH ..since aquired by TEVA). On takeover speculation, I agree with most posters thats its to early yet.But I listen to what our CEO has said on a number of occasions over the last 12 months i.e "further partnering opportunities - optimal timing". Therefore, It wouldnt suprise me if Pharma No 2 (or TEVA) came on board on either the Othopedic or Diabetes applications.

The final point to note is to look what Big Pharma is paying for Pipelines (no revenues):

(1)November 2011:Gillead sciences aquires Pharmasset - on recent commencement of Phase III trials:
    http://contractpharma.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2011-11-21/gilead-sciences-to-acquire-pharmasset/

(2)January 2012: Bristol-Myers Squibb to Acquire Inhibitex - currently in Phase II trials:
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120107005030/en/Bristol-Myers-Squibb-Acquire-Inhibitex

The above are my views only so please DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.