EXT 0.00% 1.2¢ excite technology services ltd

Grizz,Unlike many other posters on HC, I don't know much about...

1. 3,704 Posts.
    Grizz,

Unlike many other posters on HC, I don't know much about mining. I just know things in general terms with no practical exposure to that world.

Having stated how little I know, I will say that I don't think the technology has changed that much over the past few decades.

It is still about digging up whole lot of earth, dumping it into trucks, driving it to the processing facility and then crushing it before using acid and centrifuges to separate out the desireable stuff from the dirt.

Within those actions I am sure there are many efficiencies which can be added today. Perhaps grinding rollers made of tougher metal so they have a longer useful life, perhaps better acids etc.

Certainly control systems for materials handling (belts, conveyors etc) benefit immensely from modern technologies such as PLCs and SCADA systems (I know a bit about those as I have worked with them).

I honestly don't know for sure but I would guess that if you compare the plant built 30 years ago which will have had maintenance and upgrades over the years, to a brand spanking new plant built today my guess is that the difference will not be striking.

In percentage efficiency terms I'd be surprised if you got 10 or 15% better results, if that.

Again guessing, my guess is that if you compare maintenance and upgrades of the existing facility vs the $600 mill or so it will cost to build a new one it will be no contest financially speaking.

This is especially true as you can truck to the existing facility (whilst constructing the belt conveyer or train tracks) and be producing from day one.

With building and commissioning, a new plant would be a year or two in the making (guessing again, I am sure I will be corrected by those in the know).

Finally, and I am being pessimistic again, I don't think we have the numbers to defeat the KAH motion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $2.784K 252.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2107877 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 5994165 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.02pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.