TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

Extract from 2014 Financial Statements: Note 7: The recoverable...

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Extract from 2014 Financial Statements: Note 7:

The recoverable amount of the Manora development asset of $134.4 million (2013: $86.4 million)
    has been determined based on a fair value model using cash flow projections from financial
    budgets covering a eleven-year period. As a result of the current declining oil prices, recoverable
    amount of $134.4 million for Manora resulted in an impairment loss of $15.1 million being
    recognised for the year.
    The following assumptions were used in the assessment of the recoverable amount:
    Discount rate – pre-tax discount rate of 12.5% (2013: 12.5%) has been applied to the cash
    flow projections;
    Inflation rate – Thailand inflation rate of 2% (2013: 1.5%) has been applied to the cash flow
    projections;
    Oil price – the oil price applied to the cash flow projections is based on the average of the
    Brent forward and economic consensus price at the date of assessment for 5 years then
    reverting to long term US$80/bbl.
    Sensitivity analysis
    It is estimated that changes in the key assumptions would have resulted in the following additional
    impairment at year end:
    $’000
    Discount rate: 1% increase 1,625
    Inflation rate: 1% increase 925​
    Long term oil price reduction of US$5/bbl (real) 1,125

Source:
    http://www.tapoil.com.au/IRM/Company/ShowPage.aspx/PDFs/2021-10000000/2014FullYearFinancialResults

Manora has 6.1 mmbbls net 2P Reserves and 3.2 mmbbls net 2C Resource. I do not know if the cash flow analysis referred to above refers to only the 2P Reserves (I suspect this is the case) or both the 2P and 2C.

http://www.tapoil.com.au/IRM/Compan...670/MajorManoraMilestone2PReservesBookedbyTap

Regards

SP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.