RED 2.70% 36.0¢ red 5 limited

Hi Tokyo, good to see you back on board.Takeovers, hmmm an...

1. 1,870 Posts.
    Hi Tokyo, good to see you back on board.

Takeovers, hmmm an interesting perspective for RED. Its a totally undervalued company, will be in production at the rate of 100,000 ozs within 3 years of start up, long life, low cost. A perfect takeover candidate at some stage.

We have had that discussion on the RED threads before, with consensus agreeing that it would be a fantastic complement in particular to MML which after all is also Philippines focussed, and only resides about 150 kms away. And with MML at a premium, it would make financial sense for MML to declare a scrip only bid. But its unlikely due to the past association that Geoff Davis has had with the management at RED.

I think from a wider perspective, RED will become more attractive once it gets much closer to production, for any bigger player, but by then I would expect that the market will have re-rated RED anyways, and so the opportunity that exists now for corporate takeover activity will vanish down the track with that re-rating.

I'm therefore now of the view that RED will out-perform the market in the following 6 - 12 months through its own price re-rating, so although a takeover is a possibility its probably unlikely to happen within the timeframe we would hope one is offered. Just my view of course.

IF Mapawa continues to perform then it would be a logical reason for a much bigger player to show considerable interest - we already know that Anglogold was interested some years back but I think that deal has fallen over now and Anglo can't get back in at the giveaway price they had offered for direct project exposure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $2.448B
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 37.8¢ 36.0¢ $9.825M 26.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1862724 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 2312588 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.