OXR oxiana limited

I would like to re-introduce that much speculated and old...

1. SCD
    3,438 Posts.
    I would like to re-introduce that much speculated and old favourtite...the takeover.

In the past 12 hours I have held off talking about it to allow others to raise the discussion. It has quite surprised me that no one has picked up on the Owen Hegarty's comments which were carried in everal newspapers...

Mr hegarty added that a stronger Oxiana would become more attractive to predators. "We run that risk and we're conscious of it, and we have gone to the trouble of thinking about it and getting defence advice should it occur."

As always the devil is in the detail. IMO, we can presume that...

1. the sentiment is that they don't want a takeover so any takeover would be hostile and without warning

2. they have spent time and money with various experts getting defence advice which would not have been cheap.

3. they think it could happen particularly around this time when their shares are undervalued hence there run at a US listing later in the year to raise the market capitalisation and consequently, the bar on any takeover offer.

Clearly, the market doesn't hold with these thoughts as the shareprice looks to open only 2c higher this morning. But, what are your thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.