OXR oxiana limited

G'day Medwar,Just looked at the zinifex annual report - which...

1. 807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    G'day Medwar,
    Just looked at the zinifex annual report - which was posted to me, along with another booklet called "the new zinifex - looking to the future".
    In both the annual report and this other booklet zinifex alluded to the fact that they will be considering Nickel.

This is from page 3 of their annual report

"We have been moving forward with our plans to vigorously grow our mining business. Zinifex strategy is to focus on zinc and related metals such as lead,silver,copper and gold, which usually occur in the same geological zones. We will also remain alert to opportunities to extend into nickel and niche metals"

From page 8 of the other booklet

"Our objective is to own high-margin, long-life mines that are expandable. We focus on zinc, copper, silver, gold and lead, and will give future consideration to nickel. We currently exclude other base metals and bulk commodoties minerals from our plans.

Hmmm so 2 specific mentions for nickel.
    Zinifex are cashed up nicely, at the end of june they had $346 million in cash, and debts of less than 140 million.

Perhaps Zinifex could make a play for jubilee mining?????????
    One thing is for sure, the sector is in for consolidation - I think we will see more mergers and takeovers in the not too distant future.

Luck to all

Cheers

Commy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.