OXR oxiana limited

takeovers, page-5

1. 218 Posts.
    Commy,

I that is very interesting!!! I hadn't thought of that takeover yet. I agree ZFX could make the play on JBM. Unfortunately I sold my JBM last week on news of the BHP bid for RIO and bought more ZFX. I think the clock is ticking and it shouldn't be too long before something comes out from the board at ZFX ref a merger, takeover etc.

The OX is strong and Prom Hill is a key resource that will be online in the near future. I think some people are forgeting that whilst it is great for speccies to find mineral resources it is going to be terribly difficult to secure ports, rail and infrastructure. If Prom Hill is blowing out in costs how are these speccies planning to enter a market that is owned by the big miners.

An interesting point was made about Newcrest. I remember reading a similiar article about their search for new acq. The OX does fit the template nicely, almost perfectly.

Should be an interesting week. Hopefully the miners can lift the market tomorrow and ZFX release some information this week about their strategic planning. As well as zinc having a good run on the LME. I think we have seen the bottom for ZFX. I agree with some of the charts on the forums mentioning that ZFX is going to continue to fall, however a business relies on people making decisions and that is something that you just can't chart (i.e. a takeover bid from the OX)would see the SP rocket!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.