Taking on the trading bots.

1. 2,406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    Over the last few months I have been playing with the trading bots, I scan the course of sales data and look for the tell tale 1 to 10 sell or buys, a quick look at the buy or sell is a good indication to do the opposite.
    I’ve carried this out on AB1 by watching the bots try to knock the price down at 50 trades of 7 shares, so I just went in and started buying at the resistance point, they could not drop it any more, so on the next day I was up 10% and that was a profit of $10k. Today I did the same but it was on DRG, saw the bots again flicking it down so I went in bought the line above it but only go 24% of my order, I then watched the line above me get taken out and there was more left on the buy so I cancelled my own order and sold my 25% to the same buy order that jumped me. Only made $98 after costs but maybe it is a way to beat these bot trading programs.. by the way I am a long term investor and not a trader, maybe some of you traders can add some more insight into dealing with bots?

Both DRG and AB1 are long term stocks for me, like I said, I’m not a trader..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.