A2M 1.96% $6.77 the a2 milk company limited

Taking profits versus holding...

1. 1,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    I have been reading today about people who are taking profits while others are holding for the long-term. There are some very divergent views out there.

Firstly, I will never call anyone who takes profits a fool. I'm sure we all know of someone, or have ourselves, been bitten hard by the market. Anytime you can make a profit is a victory. But we all know that jumping too soon and selling 'early' can override the satisfaction of making the profit in the first place.

At this point, long-term holders will talk about fundamentals and patience. Others may be content to lock in significant profits and await a retrace.

Both are sound and really depend on how an individual works their strategy.

However, I have noticed that A2M's retraces just aren't happening at the moment such is the level of interest in this company. I expected a retrace prior to the recent announcement, but I was wrong! Lucky for me I went against my own instinct and bought anyway.

Anyways, I'll continue to watch with interest who have definite views on whether A2M is going to continue to rocket up or if there will be a retrace... I, personally, think that A2M's growth reflects, in part, recognition of it's great growth profile but also of a market more generally with few other growth stories ahead.

Baron

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.77
Change
0.130(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $4.894B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.63 $6.77 $6.63 $10.00M 1.485M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2420 $6.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.77 37726 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.