DaveI know this area very well.Family had a business in an...

1. 58 Posts.
    Dave

I know this area very well.Family had a business in an adjacent street for 60 years.This street has some factories in it as well as residential dogboxes.I would strongly suggest thinking twice about buying in this area at the moment.
    In around 1996 you could buy workers cottages for circa 100-120k-I know cos i was looking for my first home.
    The area is frankly full of deros and very close to the commisssion flats in Church St which has obvious drawbacks as well as running into Victoria St(need I say anymore)
    When we had the business there it was constantly broken into and I believe it still has a very high crime rate.
    Not sure why it has grown in price at bubble proportions as it has no geographical appeal whatsoever except for being close to the city.
    Be warned!!...if this bubble pops then this type of area will be the first to go imho.
    My advice is rent there for a while before you take the plunge.Check out the latest series of the BLOCK which was made only a few blocks away......disaster.
    My opinion only.DYIR.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.