TLG 1.80% 54.5¢ talga group ltd

Thanks for those posts Remlif, I for one agree with your...

1. 214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Thanks for those posts Remlif, I for one agree with your thinking and that article reinforces my view. China is trying to move upstream from chemicals and batteries to dominate the global EV industry with cars manufactured in China, because that's how they create the most economic benefit in terms of exports, jobs and glory. The price of all battery metals has collapsed even while battery production grows at c. 40% annually, because China has brought on new supply (even if dodgy), forced spot prices down, and contract prices follow spot prices. Chinese carmakers use this opportunity to flood the world with cheap EVs. Western carmakers can't respond because they don't have the models nor the capacity, and certainly not the scale to match Chinese prices.

Europe must maintain a car industry and needs to fight back with urgency to develop non-China supply chains. I think Talga, along with European developers of lithium, manganese etc. are well-placed. Fortunately TLG will not be a commodity supplier bound by China-influenced spot prices. It's vital for the whole ex-China supply chain that pricing mechanisms allow all players to be profitable. If that means that European made cars cost more than Chinese imports, so be it, tariffs and subsidies must come into play - possibly disguised as a green/ESG subsidy/penalty, as the European supply chain will be traceable and clean.

i've doubled my investment in TLG this month.

Figaro

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.80%)
Mkt cap ! $209.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.0¢ 56.3¢ 54.5¢ $327.4K 593.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 50370 54.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 69482 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.46pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.